There are several business credit reporting agencies in the United States that lenders and financial institutions rely on for information to grant credit. Many businesses can take years before they are listed with the business credit agencies, some may never be listed. One of our clients had been in business 26 years and not one bureau had his company listed. Some of these are FDInsight, D&B®, Experian Business, BusinessCreditUSA and ClientChecker. The following is a brief explanation of each.
- Relatively new to the business credit market.
- Originally made its mark as a personal credit reporting agency for mortgage brokers.
- The second largest credit reporting company in the mortgage broker field.
- Information on businesses is provided by the business or a third party and then every piece of information is verified by the staff of FDInsight.
- They arguably provide the most accurate business credit report in the industry.
- The company is listed on NASDAQ as FDCC.
- Over 70 million businesses are registered with D&B®.
- The credit profile created by D&B® uses information provided by the business owners and vendors of the business.
- Grants a PAYDEX score to businesses based on payment experiences of the business.
- Issues a DUNS Rating based on the financial statements of the business.
- Has a High Risk status for companies that will destroy their ability to obtain credit if D&B® finds information on a company they feel to be inconsistent with their model.
- Over 14 million businesses are registered with Experian.
- The credit profile created by Experian uses information provided by vendors only.
- Grants an Intelliscore based on payment experiences.
- One of the three largest personal credit bureaus.
- A division of InfoUSA.
- Provides inexpensive business credit reports.
- Relies on information from the business owner.
- Verifies all information presented to them before placing on the report.
- Only credit reporting agency dedicated to small businesses.
- The credit profile created by ClientChecker uses information provided by vendors only.
- Grants a PayQuo Score based on payment experience.
About The Author: Scott Letourneau is the CEO of Fast Business Credit, Inc. When it comes to securing cash and vendor lines of credit and avoiding costly mistakes his company is the authority. For further assistance regarding the development of business credit go to http://www.FastBusinessCredit.com or call FBC at 1-888-313-6333 or 702-977-5246.